UTTLESFORDS UNSUN COMMUNITY HEROES
Celebrating the contribution of Uttlesford’s unsung community heroes
Uttlesford District Council is delighted to announce that it is once again holding its Community Achievement Awards to celebrate the good work of the district’s many volunteers.
The awards give people the chance to nominate those who have given something back to their communities.
You can nominate someone for their service to:
• children and young people (up to 18 years old)
• the elderly
• people with assisted living needs
• the local community
• youth initiatives – nominations for young people (aged 15-18) who have contributed significantly to their local community
Cllr Heather Asker, Chair of the Council, said: “I am humbled by the efforts individuals will put in to help others – volunteers are often unsung heroes. These awards are an opportunity to recognise and celebrate those who give so much to make a difference in their local communities.
“If you know someone who contributes significantly to the life of others in the district, I urge you to nominate them for an award.”
How to nominate an individual for an award
Nominations must be proposed by town or parish councils, the Council for Voluntary Service, Uttlesford Volunteer Centre, or secondary schools – therefore, if you who wish to make a nomination you must send a nomination form to one of these organisations for their consideration.
Nomination forms are available via www.uttlesford.gov.uk/community-achievement-awards or by contacting Sue Hayden, Community Development Officer on 01799 510563 or email@example.com.
All nominations must be returned to Uttlesford District Council by midday on Friday 16 September.
The recipients will be announced at a celebration ceremony later this year.
• For more details on this media release please contact the Communications Team on 01799 510442 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Follow us on Twitter @Uttlesford DC
• Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook/UttlesfordDC